Be Quiet My Heart

I was in The Little Wild Garden yesterday.  Oh, I do walk through it from time to time.  You may not be aware.  My two oldest boys are living in “the old house” with the carpenter.  We do have interaction and I get hungry to see Daniel and Joseph and get my hugs.  I remember when, to me, they were my little Pooh Bear and my Baby Zebra (Joseph named himself, thank you).

The Little Wild Garden is bursting at the seams.  Too much so.  There are parts that are too wild, with maple seedlings taking over.  Bamboo grass (that pesky stuff).  Then there are areas that look too manicured, where the carpenter has cut back enough so the postman can walk through.  Don’t get me wrong, the carpenter does a great job, but the garden appears overall neglected.  Chopped back, wild, chopped back, wild, all in patches.  Some things don’t lie.  A yard is one of them.

But still, I watched my goldfish.  I looked at the roses, the lillies, the abundance of herbs, and oh my you should see the gardenias!  There are 10,000 blooms.  More than I have ever seen.  Now that I am gone.  Be still my heart.  No, be quiet my heart.

The tears are not far away when I am in my garden.  They are right beneath the surface, and they could start and not stop.  So “be quiet my heart” is what must be said.  The mind is for thinking and doing hard things, and sometimes the mind has to tell the heart to be quiet and stay out of things while something very difficult takes place.

Be quiet my heart.

I worked late last night on “farm charms” for Michaela to take in to her teachers as end-of-year gifts.   Love this batch!  I so love these flowers and the musical notes and words on the backs.  I hope the teachers like them.

The only problem is that I wish they had had more time to cure.  Putting a finish on clay can be a tricky thing.  It does not always bond the way one would like, and that is something I am trying my best to master, since clay has become a large part of my life.  Anyway, I must rest worries about that and focus on my large to-do list today.

Paying bills.  Keeping the shop full.  The budget and the needs of a household and chldren are ever before me.  Menus.  How to eat well and cheap.  Now, that’s a tough one, and one many of us face whether we are having help or going it alone.  My book.  Which is a tremendous outlet.  Work.  40 hours a week worth.  Not easy.  But necessary.

I won’t bore you more.  Just dropping in to pour out a little and say hello and that your comments brighten my day.  Dropping in to say that, in spite of everything, joy is mine.   And that is the best thing of all!

Enjoy this day.

11 comments for “Be Quiet My Heart

1. June 9, 2011 at 8:57 am

So beautifully written…you made ME miss YOUR little wild garden while reading about it! and your new pendants are so pretty…the teachers will have their day brightened up by your gifts. love,andrea

2. June 9, 2011 at 9:27 am

Lynn,

Today as my heart is aching for things in my family that I am asking God to move in a mighty way…i hurt for you too…Have you heard Laura Story’s song, Blessings? Here’s a link… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ I hope you can listen to it. It has been a soothing balm to my heart…
    Loving you,
    C~

3. terry
    June 9, 2011 at 10:50 am

I am putting my arms around you Lynn in a big, healing hug! You are doing such a wonderful job of raising your children and keeping the faith! The farm charms are lovely! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Much love is sent your way!

4. Valerie
    June 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Oh, Lynn…hugs and more hugs to you this day. I miss the wild garden for you. You have such a way with words, it is like you can put down in the written word the things that I think about so often, but do not know how to express. The farm charms are simply lovely, just like a little piece of sunshine to wear! You have such a special spirit about you, and your children are so blessed to have you for a mom.
    …I have been in and out of blog land…for the past several months…I’m expecting our 5th child in September, it is a challenge. (A little girl..be still my heart.) Heaven knows my boys need a little bit of pink in their life! =) I love the little bunnies that you have created, truly lovely and unique they are! Keeping you in my prayers, you are never far from my thoughts…Valerie

5. June 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I love the charms (Especially the one that says, “Philadelphia”), and I’m glad that you can go back and visit your little wild garden. My mom called to tell me that my comfrey is about to bloom back in Idaho, and that the lilac bush is loaded with blooms. Perhaps the gardens we leave miss us, too; I’m sure they do.

Here’s to being a mom, and to writing books! I’m excited to see yours (I’m still plugging away at mine!).

Marqueta

6. June 9, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I could just FEEL the little wild garden in this description, Lynn. I’m so glad you got to check on the goldfish and see your gardenias. :)
    The new farm charms are just brilliant and beautiful–I love all the colors you used!
    Still praying and keeping you in my thoughts as well.

7. June 9, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I haven’t dropped in for a while so I wanted to let you know that I am still here and reading, that my heart breaks for you when you are sad, and that I laugh with you when Annie does something cute. :) Give yourself a cry if you need it, you deserve it, and then remember all the things that you tell us about that make life exciting and worthwhile.

Allison

8. June 10, 2011 at 1:44 am

Sending you great big hugs friend! I miss you and love you. My heart aches with yours too. (((Lynn))) Praying for you and hope to see you sometime soon!

9. June 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Be quiet my heart sounds like the title of an important book. You may consider writing it when you are finished with the one you are working on now. You have a gift with words and a way of touching the heart of those who visit here.

Blessings Lynn,
    Debbie

10. June 11, 2011 at 6:31 am

Andrea, thanks. Maybe we can have tea together in a little wild garden some day; either the old one or one yet not known. :) Michaela said the teachers liked the farm charms. :)

Carrie, thanks for your sweet thoughts towards me. Some days are sad. I had not heard that song before. We do learn valuable lessons from hard experiences, don’t we? xoxo

Terry, thank you so much! Every day I think that I’ll get to my letter writing, and every day gets away from me like a train off track. :) I’ll catch up some day soon. I hope. Thanks for your friendship.

Valerie, thank you so much for the encouragement! And your 5th baby. And a girl!! I am so happy for you. You have a beautiful family. I can’t wait to see this baby! :)

Marqueta, wouldn’t you know that the Philadelphia was my favorite too? I keep meaning to call you. Will do that soon. Can’t wait to see your next book! :) I know the comfrey misses you. You knew how to use it.

April, yes, it is nice to at least visit the garden. Some days it’s easier than others to walk through and not be TOO affected. Thanks for your words! :)

Allison, thank you so much for the kind encouragement! I did have a GOOD CRY. LOL. Yes, I did. Sometimes you just have to. But I at least waited until I was home. ;)

Leslie, thanks! I miss you so much, and the group. I loved reading about the graduation you did for Christopher. I wanted to leave a comment, but ran out of time (was on a break), but I’ll be back! :) Yo have done an awesome job!

Debbie, thanks for that. Yes, I am writing some things down. I do have an eye for others who might be experiencing some things I did (without a word being spoken), and I do think sometimes that it might help to share. Thanks for the compliment. I feel very humble about my writing, but do so love to write things down.

xoxoxoxo
    Lynn

11. Lillian
    June 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm

DEAREST LYNN,

I HAVE BEEN AWAY BECAUSE OF ILLNESS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT I WANTED TO SHARE THIS QUOTE WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH IT IS FOR ONE OF YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS.

“WHEN WE WISH THINGS TO BE OTHERWISE THAN THEY ARE, WE LOSE SIGHT OF THE GREAT PRACTICAL PARTS OF THE LIFE OF GODLINESS… FALL QUIETLY INTO THE HANDS OF GOD.” BY R. CECH

THE LAST PART, “FALL QUIETLY INTO THE HANDS OF GOD.” HAS BROUGHT ME A SENSE OF PEACE, CALMNESS, COMFORT AND CONTENTMENT WHEN THINGS IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW ARE VERY FAR FROM HOW “I” WOULD WISH FOR THEM TO BE. I DON’T NEED TO STRUGGLE OR RESIST, I CAN REST IN HIS HANDS AS I PATIENTLY WAIT FOR THE LIFE HE HAS TO UNFOLD FOR ME.

I HOPE THAT THE QUOTE MIGHT MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU ALSO SHOULD YOU SPEAK IT SOFTLY TO YOUR OWN HEART TELLING IT THAT IT IS SAFE AND YOU WILL BE WELL CARED FOR IN GOD’S HANDS. FALL QUIETLY…

ABUNDANT BLESSINGS, MY FRIEND.

LOVE AND PRAYERS,