Rake-A-Bye Baby

Here’s what happens when you put a baby in a backpack-style carrier and go out to rake.

What a little sweetie pie!  But she had been fussy.  You know how much is going on with children this age!!  They are learning to talk, run and walk, and thinking about everything!  They get exhausted but then don’t want to go to sleep for fear of missing something.

But we knew that Isabella HAD to sleep.  She needed to rest up for her 1 year birthday party!  Yay!  So I took her out and raked awhile, just knowing it would rock her to sleep!  The fresh air, the birds, watching the colorful leaves fly across the ground, the soothing rocking back and forth!  It worked!  She was all rested up for her party!

Everyone needs a bite of ice cream cake sometimes, right?

Now, in other news, my friend Marqueta has shared a lovely video she found on line.  I think it deserves a watch for sure!  Thanks Marqueta!  That was incredibly sweet!  And no, I had not seen that!  I have come across some good ones about herbalists in the Appalachian Mountains, but I had not seen this treasure!  Sure inspires me for my gardens!!

Enjoy this day!

6 thoughts on “Rake-A-Bye Baby

1. Jen
    November 20, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Love the pic of sweet baby girl on your back, dozing. Great strategy for resting up for b-day par-tay too. It’s so fun to watch a one yr. old with a cake.
    Thanks for sharing the fabulous video with us. (Thanks Marqueta too! ;o ) That is precisely the type of life I consider ideal. Functional,accomodating, simple and honest. It got me thinking about the challenge of simplicity. Again. Or still.
    At any rate, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’m sure to count you among my blessings.
    Jen

1. November 21, 2012 at 10:32 am

Dear Jen, thanks so much! It always seems to work. Did with my kids and still does with the grandbaby. She was so cute with everything! It was fun. And that video, yes, hats off to Marqueta for sharing it. It is so relaxing; I have watched it more than once now! Love, Lynn

2. Gammy/Tammy
    November 20, 2012 at 7:56 pm

What a wonderful video Lynn. What a wonderful reminder to enjoy each and every day. Thanks so much for sharing!

Tammy

1. November 21, 2012 at 10:31 am

Hi Tammy! Thanks so much! I think of you and want to start my new herbal notebook for my new area. It’s on the list! xoxo Lynn

3. November 22, 2012 at 6:33 am

What a sweet birthday girl! May this year be full of wonder for her and everyone else. :) And yay, you watched the video! I must admit that I cry when I’m watching it by myself; it stirs something deep in my soul. I love the last part of the video when Doug and his little family are all hugging each other in their humble little cabin. So sweet!

Marqueta

1. November 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Dear Marqueta, yes I loved the video! I think everyone did. How sweet! And I agree with your assessment. Love, Lynn