Just A Quick Hello!

Hello, dear friends!  Time has been short for me today.  What else is new?  Just wanted to pop in and say a bright and sunny hello!  I’ll be working this evening, but wanted to show you a recent mixed media work.  It was all fun, from start to finish, and I think it would be SO cute in a baby nursery!  Maybe I’ll make some prints of recent collages for Isabella’s play area.  But the originals are going up for sale.  Slowly but surely.

white_bird_mixed_media

white_bird_2

I must run!  Sorry to say so little, but time calls me to my work desk.  Remember to be positive!  Smiling is beautiful, especially compared to a frown.  And when you smile at someone, you never know what it might mean to them.  If they don’t smile back, well, at least you’ve exercised some very important facial muscles!!  :)

I tried my first cup of teeccino today!  Connie, thank you so much for telling me about it!!  I tried the original, which looks exactly like coffee!  And it has a bitter, strong taste, which is what coffee drinkers want!  I loved it!  It has carob, barley, chicory.  It’s great!

teeccino_2

I would highly suggest it to anyone who wants to cut back on coffee but still wants a rich, bittery drink each day!

teeccino

9 thoughts on “Just A Quick Hello!

1. January 7, 2013 at 8:07 pm

That picture is so cute and pretty! You should copyright that bird!

2. Lily
    January 7, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Lynn,

Your mixed media bird is so awesome! I really, really love it! Can’t wait to see what else you put together!

Hope you day was great!

Lily, WA, USA

1. January 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

Hi Lily!

Thank you so much! It has a sweet face. :D I am working on more. I sometimes feel I’ll go crazy if I don’t work on something. Love, Lynn xoxo

3. January 8, 2013 at 6:51 am

Hi Lynn! Your are very lucky to have your job at home…and I bet you are good at it too!
    Your housekeeping, childrearing (and grand child) and art work are perfect!

1. January 9, 2013 at 9:11 am

Hey Andrea! Thanks. I try my best, though I have always wanted to just “keep house.” ;) Big hugs! Lynn

ps — and thanks about the picture!! It should be copyrighted as soon as its done — automatically; if only people would respect copyright. ;)

4. connie
    January 8, 2013 at 3:21 pm

hi lynn,
    that bird picture is adorable – just like the pictures of isabella were the other day (jealous – i miss little ones!).
    so glad you tried the teeccino! my 2 favorites are the almond amaretto and hazelnut. as a matter of fact, i had some today as well! we had about a half a pot leftover from yesterday. instead of heating it up, i put some in my vitamix with milk, honey, cinnamon, and a couple ice cubes for a yummy treat. i usually have the iced coffees in the summer, but i was missing them. and summer is so far away…..but we may hit 50 degrees here in a couple days! yay!!
    your friend,
    connie

1. January 9, 2013 at 9:10 am

Dear Connie,

Thanks to you for suggesting the teeccino! I love it! I am drinking it this morning. I will also try the flavors you mentioned! And thanks for the idea about icing it up. I also cannot bear to pour stuff like that out! I have been known to reheat coffee the next day. ;) It’s been pretty here the last couple of days. A bit chilly, but around 50s in the afternoon, I beleive. Looks to be pretty again today as well! Friends, Lynn

5. Ann
    January 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Lynn,
    I have been reading your blog for about two years now. Feel like I kind of know you. Like I could stop by for coffee and we would not be strangers, though I am a stranger to you. I also love keeping a home, gardening,thrift store shopping, and my crafty things are sewing and knitting, so we have alot in common. My four kids are all grown but I homeschooled them as well for a few years.
    Anyway, I have enjoyed your blog. Just wanted you to know.
    Ann

1. January 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Ann, hello! Thanks so much for your comment. It has been a pleasure on my part to get to know people who stop by and read! Don’t our children grow up fast! I am really enjoying having a baby around again! xoxo Lynn