Zumba!!

Dropping in, breathless, to say that I went to my very first Zumba class this evening!  Wow!  It was SO MUCH FUN!  I was so red faced and out of breath at the end of that class.  But it went by so fast.  I feel like I have not worked out like that in years!

In other news, I have been invited to show my art work in an upcoming fundraiser/sale/exhibition, and I am very excited about it!  I will share details very soon.  :)  Meanwhile, I so enjoy my late nights in my little studio.

Yesterday a lightbulb came on (good grief, what took so long) and I am finally feeling like I am in sync with my desires to eat right and exercise.  You know, no one shoves bad food into my mouth.  I was doing that on my own.  Not that I am wholly bad when it comes to that.  I eat pretty good overall, but lately I have been eating too much ice cream and butter, too many soft drinks (gasp — I never drank soft drinks!!!) and too many carbs!  I feel like it stopped today.

I have been using my juicer again, eating lots of green salads and drinking plenty of water.

Not too long ago I mentioned keeping dried bean, greens, and rice going all the time.  We have actually done a fairly good job at incorporating that.  Not that we do it all the time.  Takes a while to make a habit, but the effort is there on a regular basis.

Why oh why do we frail humans take so long to line up with the good-for-us notions that are whispered in our subconscious ears!

Gotta run.  Working tonight.

8 comments for “Zumba!!

1. January 22, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Zumba is fun! A couple of years ago, when we had memberships at the YMCA, I took several classes with a friend. It was, of course, 99.9% ladies, but there was a very brave man who jumped right in – I think maybe it was a Dad who was doing it with his daughter, and it always made me smile :)

And congratulations on being asked to show your work! So exciting!!

xoxo, H

• January 25, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Oh, Hilary, I can see you doing Zumba! We had two men in our class of bunches and bunches of women. But a lot of the men in the gym came hanging around to watch. :p Blech. :D Thanks!! xoxo Lynn

2. Jen
    January 23, 2013 at 12:13 am

I like your header. Good for you on getting a viewing for your work. Whoot!
    I am reading a book about good habits. It says, “No habit will make any difference at all in your life until it becomes a daily consideration.” Agreed.
    Would you please share with us how you prepare your beans and rice? (and greens) I have an idea, but would like to know how you do it.
    Till next time~
    Jen

• January 25, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Dear Jen, Thanks about the header! I like it too! Yippie! I love that thought about the habits! Yes. It is true. I will try to put up something about the beans. They are usually yummy! Love, Lynn

3. danaleigh
    January 23, 2013 at 11:38 am

Dear Lynn, I am so excited for you that your sweet artwork will be on display for others to enjoy!

• January 25, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Dear Dana, Thanks so much! Yay! xoxo Lynn

4. connie
    January 23, 2013 at 5:08 pm

hi lynn,
    wow! getting to show your artwork! good for you, lynn. it must feel very satisfying to be acknowledged for something you love to do.
    glad you enjoyed the photos of me and the family! (insert smiley face)
    friends,
    connie

• January 25, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Hi Connie! You put a big smile on my face with that photo! And yes, it is very rewarding to get to show some work! xoxo Your friend, Lynn