I do not even know where to start. I wanted to do regular small posts, but this past month or so has been a busy, busy chain of events. (For example, I started this post about a week ago.)
First, there are so many wonderful things that have kept me busy, I have nothing but great feelings about it all.
I have put a lot of work into cleaning up and building my Etsy shop into my favorite thing: old paper. And my YouTube channel is growing as I add more tutorials and videos for Etsy shop items and as I showcase more journals. (Yes, I have started making some of my own journals.)
Some of you old friends who have been with me here at AMJ for a long time may like that video — an old journal reading about when the children were little.
I am not going to bore you all with a long-winded monologue about every little detail, but the highlights of November and December for me were that:
- Jason and I became engaged
- I had a brain MRA
- I was told I had a cerebral aneurysm (my dad and grandfather both died from ruptured cerebral aneurysm)
- a consult with a neurosurgeon began to prepare me for a major open brain surgery
- I had a cranial angiogram to confirm the aneurysm (that test is no joke!)
- I found out that, at least for now, I do NOT have a cerebral aneurysm, but rather a small dilatation on my middle cerebral artery
- I will have a follow-up MRA in six months
- I am still spending 2 hours a day in traffic as I prepare for a totally new job with all new responsibilities (thank heavens I will soon be back home working)
- We celebrated Thanksgiving
- We celebrated Christmas
- I have been putting in a lot of hours to build my Etsy shop and YouTube (ephemera! be still my heart!)
- I hosted a dinner gathering in December
Is it any wonder that I have not posted in awhile? That said, I want to share some photos from it all.
I must close for now. It is Saturday morning, and boy do the weekends fly! Jason and I are going out to window shop this afternoon. He LOVES watches, so I think we will just have fun looking at all the G-shocks and other watches out there. I also have a lot to do for A Bit of Birdsong. And, alas, the Christmas tree HAS to come down today. Yes. Christmas is over, peeps.
Enjoy this day!